Friday, June 25, 2010

herbs

We keep our herbs in water..apparently right next to where I keep my LOFT rewards, stamps, and Bird by Bird.  They keep for MUCH longer in water after they’re picked.

Picked?  Cut?  Hunted and gathered?

Don’t be fooled; we did not grow these.  Our herbs hate apartment life.

Have you given to Charasia yet?  Last night at Metro, they told us how these girls get to be in this situation.  Long story short, they live in a small town with their poor family, the brothel owner comes and poses as someone who just wants to hire their daughter and give her a good job that will enable her to send money home.  For $2000, a man sells his daughter into slavery and she is stuck for life.  Then, she gets pregnant by strangers and the babies are left to sleep under the bed where she meets her customers, and the baby girls are often raped by the customers as well.

Charasia rescues the babies and raises them in a loving environment

The link for their Target registry is at the top right.  I would love to be the one to hand one of those little girls a backpack full of things she never dreamed she would own, but since I can’t, I’ll at least buy it for her.

2 comments:

  1. reason 43534 you need to come play in the woods with me. you can steal my herbs for your cooking glory. you.me.rbert.slumberparty.soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train