Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ever used a parsnip?

 
I don't think I had ever heard of them.  Or, it's possible that it was one of the ingredients I would skip over when I looked at a recipe thinking it wouldn't matter if I had parsnip or not.  In fact, if alone, I may have looked for parsnip in the bulk spices first.

This is me being transparent about my grocery retardation.


We based our delish cassoulet off of this recipe and added a few things of our own along with 2 different kinds of sausage and many more spices.

Perfect for the burr weather!

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to try them...but they grow under ground which means I'll probably like them. Going to try making them into fries next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also great as mashed "potatoes". And I agree with Sam from the above comment: "root vegetables=yummy"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. parsnips are yummy chopped up with carrots, onions, potatoes and other root veggies all roasted together...especially with a roast chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train