Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8.10.10

Dear husband,

2 years ago today, you dropped to one knee at a beautiful morning hour on the beaches of Texas and asked me to be your wife.  I mumbled a few things (probably something like, “Shmibidybibbidy”) and I think I muttered a yes, but really neither of us know if I ever answered you.  So there’s that.

Was that TWO years ago?! 

This weekend, with our hodgepodge of unofficial slash official family, I saw how much everyone you meet really loves you, how naturally you fit in, and how perfect you are for me mostly because you handle this hot mess like the patient gentleman you are…

yikes 2 (Sweet Moses, my nose looks like MJ in the worst of his worst days)

And I know I am not the only one who has noticed how much of an influence I have had on you.  Don’t roll your eyes when I’m talking to you, bucko.  When someone meets you and says they can’t understand how you are an engineer because you have personality, I think we both know that is only because I am in your life.

dancing

Chest bump for 3+ hours of constant, amazing dance moves this weekend.

High five for loving my family the way you do.  And for laughing at them with me.

us 2

Fist pump for having to use a sippy cup in a bar in the middle of the afternoon.

sippy

YES,

Wife

2 comments:

Hop on the love train