Monday, August 9, 2010

When I look South and See the Storm Clouds Roll, on Their Way to Old Mexico

There's nothing like driving through Texas.  Highway or county road, you're sure to run into something spectacular.

On our trip this weekend, we picked a random exit to make a pit stop in a small town and discovered this

IMG_4852

 IMG_4871

IMG_4854 

IMG_4855

IMG_4859

IMG_4866

IMG_4867

IMG_4868

IMG_4877 We mozied out with a bag of peaches, a bucket of tomatoes, and a sample of banana bread.

When we got home, DC made peach salsa.

And my already unbeatable weekend was complete.    

Next time you're out, go a different way.  Stop a couple times.  Even if you don't have to pee.

Live a little.

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMM! Makes me want to drive to Fairfield just to get their goodies!!
    Glad you had a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the many, many reasons I love Texas. I do not, however, love $18 peach cobbler, I don't care how good it is.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train