Friday, August 27, 2010

8.27.10

Dear Husband,

Today is your first day off since we went to Aspen in February.  Gross.

I asked you to name 3 things that you wanted to do on your day off.  You could only think of 2: wakeboard and ride your bike.  Both easy guesses.  Neither involve me.  It’s ok, we’ll pretend the 3rd one you said was something like “eat a whole box of Oreos with wife”.  That may or may not be more-so on my list than yours.

I’m looking forward to our lake shindig, to playing with friends, cooking, eating, and to waking up Sunday with you, just the 2 of us in the house, sitting down by the water in the morning, closing my eyes, and pretending we’re here.

cinque-terre-08 

Someday soon, I’m taking you back to my favorite place in the world (so far).  Maybe you won’t want to leave.  Maybe we can buy that little yellow one on the left.

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one

POP QUIZ HUSBAND!  WHO SANG THAT SONG?!

A toast to our 3 day weekend.

Cheers Papi,

Wife

2 comments:

  1. cinque terra is one of my most fave places too... enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train