Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grandpa Joe, jump out of bed and click your heels!

We got a golden ticket.

golden ticket

We got in.

WE GOT IN!!!

DC and I are running the Houston Marathon on January 30th.  It’s, like, not a big deal except I’ll prolly qualify for the Olympics or something.

Wait, that’s someone else.

My thoughts, in list format, naturally:

1. Thank you, God!  We prayed so much for this.  You are so good to us.

2. I better fix this blister issue…

3.  Holy crap

4.  I get to run a marathon with Kstan!  Well, not with her…more like she can finish and then wait 2+ hours for me to finish

5. This will be one crazy birthday party for DC and me.  Everyone is invited.  Sunday night.  After the race, after we eat, after we nap, after we ice bath.  You are all invited.  Even the strangers.  I love strangers…

6.  Holy crap

7.  More running = more eating.  It’s simple math.

8.  Uh, I just started running last October.  Uh, last October I put “run a 5K, or a 10K or both” on my list.  Who knew.  If I can do it, anyone can.  ANYONE.

9.  What am I going to wear?  How do you ever decide that?  Important things, people.

10.  Team C for life.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I've done two marathons and they are easily among my top 5 accomplishments (2 of them being my kids).

    Have you tried Body Glide for the blisters? That is the only thing that worked for me (and I have about 6 different types of socks to prove it).

    Also, while you will definitely be eating more, do not expect to lose weight...unfortunately you eat more, and eat healthier, and seem to stay the same. It's really quite unfair, actually!

    Wear your favorite running clothes. Don't try anything you haven't worn for several long runs before. Trust me on that one.

    Good luck with all your training!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train