Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dan's Amazingly Delicious Sweet & Spicy Black Beans

Dan is DC's boyfriend friend.  Dan makes good beans.  And he sent me his recipe.  And now I make good beans.


Ingredients:

Olive Oil

1 Med Onion, finely chopped

2 cloves minced garlic

2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped

3 - 15oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained

1 - 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, undrained with basil & herbs if you can find it

1/3 cup honey

1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp salt


Heat up some oil



Chop up some jalapeno, onion, garlic...throw the garlic in when the oil is hot, then the others


Cook it up until the onions caramelize


because I can't follow instructions, the crushed tomatoes I bought weren't enough.  But, I had the right amount in whole ones...so this is our version of crushed tomatoes.  Whatever.  We do what we want.


Throw everything else in, then simmer for 30 minutes or so.  Next time I will add Srirachi sauce.  I needed a little more spice.  We were way too hungry for this 30 minute simmering, so I think we let ours sit for 15.



Then we stuffed it in a pepper and hoovered.  DC had a tortilla.  And extra beans.  And then seconds.

We heart Dan's beans...and Dan...but mostly the beans.  Kidding.  Sort of.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I agree .. I was reading the recipe thinking ADD SOME HEAT! But with extra rooster sauce: perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the most flattering picture of me was used...

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train