Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Manwich, Light. If there is such a thing. Maybe it’s a girlymanwich. Moving on.

 

Remember this?

HuntsManwichSloppyJoe_Lge

My mom used to make us Sloppy Joes when I was a kid. 

Lately I’ve been thinking.  I love Sloppy Joes.

I wanted to know what was going into my Joe, though, so I made some from scratch, if you will, in the crock pot.  I based it on a recipe from Fix It And Forget It: Lightly and added my own stuff too.

1/2 Onion, chopped

1 bell pepper, chopped

4 garlic cloves, minced

1 lb. Ground Turkey

Tiny sprinkle from a package of Dry Onion Soup Mix

some Cumin

1 can black beans, drained

1 can fat free refried beans

Some BBQ sauce

Sauté the onion, pepper, garlic, and turkey until the turkey is slightly browned.  Add it into the crock with the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low for 8-9 hours.  Toast some small hamburger buns and plop some of this hodgepodge on there.

DC had 2.  And kept saying, “That was so friggin good”.  It’s always a good sign when he goes back for more.

2 comments:

  1. I just got a crock pot - I'm going to try this for next week - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend KP, makes "Paleo" sloppy Joes. Similar to yours minus the black beans and refried beans. Anyway, she serves it on top of a portabello mushroom instead of a bun. You could add another one on top, but I think that may become a mouth-ful. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train