Monday, October 19, 2009

27 Things To Do Before I’m 27

I love to make lists.
Grocery lists, to-do lists, packing lists (although I despise the packing)
I love it. And often I will write something down that I have already done just so I can cross it off of my list.
Call it cheating or whatever…I’m not here to be judged.
A while back, when Devin and I were dating, I found this website and made a list of my own. That website is pretty cool - if there is something you want to achieve, but don’t know how, you can search that somethin’-somethin’ and it will show people who once had that on their list and accomplished it, i.e. I had put a goal to ride my bike to work, and when I did it, I wrote about how I did it.
Anyway, Meg’s post has her list of 35 things before she turns 35, and I had been working on mine, so I went back to my original (some of them were really dumb, you guys) and collaborated it with new things I want to do.
And behold.
Twenty Seven things to do before
I’m Twenty Seven
(because I turn 26 in January and I don’t need that pressure)
1. Redesign the blog. Or pay someone whose name rhymes with Frett Farnell BIG BUCKS to do it for me
2. Finish a whole crossword puzzle and not the one in the middle of Highlights magazine
3. Join a book club – actually go to a book club meeting
4. Me and Dev + Sunshine + Sail boat (kayaks count)
5. Do some work at Lifehouse
6. Surprise husband with a weekend trip. Muahaha!
7. Get my computer fixed, re-download software, re-download iTunes, and transfer songs and contacts from my old iPhone to my new iPhone. (Anyone need a laptop?)
8. get my personal training license
9. Be somewhere I have never been
10. Paint a masterpiece while enjoying some vino at Pinot and Picasso
11. Go on a trip with LU
12. two words: new job
13. Get a library card
14. Take a cooking class at Central Market
15. Do one pull up
16. Write something for publication
17. Spend time with God in the mornings
18. Make some new friends
19. Buy something that’s not on sale that I don’t have a coupon for that is more than I would normally pay for something that is just for me.
20. Learn how to use my camera, and do a shoot for someone...just one person will do.
21. Run a 5K? 10K? One of the two…OR BOTH! Don’t laugh, I’m not a runner.
22. Learn some sign language
23.Take the train from Durango to Silverton. Or, I'll settle for any train ride
24. Memorize 27 verses
25. Eat Mushrooms (the food, you big bunch of crazy hippies) because I hate them more than anything in this nasty, messed up world, but I hear I am missing out.
26. Another OV06 Reunion
27. Host a day at the lake
What’s on your list?

9 comments:

  1. Have you read the book "The Next Thing On My List?" I have it. I can bring it this weekend for you... just say the word!

    It's not the best example of profound, intellectual writing... but an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #26, of course, and 21, of course, and 18- or just perhaps all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list. :) I don't think I have ever finished a whole crossword either, and I read #23 as ride a house again... i was intrigued then i re-read. Funny.
    Look forward to seeing you complete your goals.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll help with #19, I am oh so good at it. Just ask Frett Farnell. PS - if we make a goal to hang out more I can also become your answer to # 18. Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your list! you've got some really great creative things on here. i also love that you're a fellow bike enthusiast. although, i think you've got me beat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle and thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #7. Get your computer fixed...www.e-geniuses.com/news

    I've written a few blog posts about how to find a good local computer repair shop.

    We're over here in Los Angeles, but if you have any questions, feel free to call and ask. Appreciate you contributing content via your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list! I'm having a birthay soon and have already been compiling a list of things to do, see, read. Definitely feel you on the "putting things on my to-do list that I've already done, just to cross them off"-- I am so guilty of this!

    Also, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I'm sorry you didn't win the Freckled Nest contest, but registration for the e-courses is still open if you are interested :o)
    xo Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train