Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two words: wife. points.

You may be thinking to yourself, “I wonder how Steph got to be such a cool and funny person?”  Right?  You were totally thinking that!  Well, every morning, I stick a piece of bologna in my shoes…nevermind. I refuse to make the same jokes as my dad.

I’m not really that cool or funny, but the fact of the matter is, I rule at being a wife.  Stop laughing.

Reason (the one and only reason, I guess): I am going to see this tonight with Devin. 

I know, I can’t believe it either.  I mean, I like bikes and I love to ride mine and would love to have a mountain bike someday, but I am about riding them to have fun and cannot comprehend the technical stuff or the racing strategy.  So, it’s sort of like how I watch baseball- I just watch and don’t listen to the announcers.  With this, I will just watch and make an idiot out of myself yelling for Lance to PEDAL!!!! the way I yell at Devin at races.  The only difference is Devin can hear me when I do it. 

Maybe I’ll bring my cowbell to get in the spirit.  No?  Too much?

Anyway.

I had other plans tonight (don’t ask me what they were because they were less than exciting.  Fine, they were lame and this is not lame). 

…but because it is a ONE NIGHT ONLY event resulting in this documentary being wiped off the planet so Devin can never see it again, and he would cheat on me with a bicycle if he could, AND because he has successfully brainwashed me into being somewhat interested in cycling, I choose to go see a documentary about some insane mountain bike race that sorta kinda features some other 6 time champion, but conveniently follows Lance the majority of the time. 

And I guess when I say let’s go to a movie sometime, I can’t be picky.

But I won’t lie- I’m very excited to hang with him, half-way excited to see the movie, and really hoping that the A&M Cycling Team list-serve will please discuss this tomorrow at length so that Devin can get it all out.

In return, Devin has promised to buy me a scooter. 

He just doesn’t know it until right about now when he’s reading this like everyone else.

It’s all about give and take, you guys.

And speaking of cycling, if you’re into it, check out http://fitbottomedgirls.blogspot.com/ for a short interview with Chris Carmichael.  And if you’re a girl, read it daily.  It’s one of my favorite fitness blogs designed for women.  Good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. hope you enjoyed the show, we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I followed your link from Whatever. I just wanted to say that you are FUNNY! Way to go. I sometimes follow links but am rarely inspired to leave a comment. :) I don't even like or have anything to do with cycling. But I do live in Colorado. That's where Leadville is right? I'm assuming. Anyway, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train