Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Keep on Rockin’ in the Free World

Well, here’s somethin’…

Lu took me to a concert this past summer (more like bribed me with riches and power and other things people bribe people with) that I didn’t think I would ever go to.

I was the youngest woman there by 20 years. I don’t think there were any men there.

And I loved it. LOVED IT!

Top 5 best concerts I have ever been to.

I grew up listening to oldies…I’ve been jammin’ to his stuff since I was 3 years old and didn’t even know it. He’s one of those guys that sings every song you know, but when you hear his name, you can’t name a dadgum song he’s done.

He’s so hard core.

He is…

Rod Stewart.

rod

WHAT?! Check his kicks. So hot. Look at those moves (my brother Alex does a similar one) and tell me you don’t swoon for Rod. K, seriously the worst dancer in the history of British singers coming to America, but at least he embraces it. Actually, I think that was the best part of the concert- watching him dance knowing he can’t.

Sorta like when my friend Clay told my friend Tacie to dance:

“Tacie, look at Steph. She’s a terrible dancer, but she’s dancing”

Thanks?

Anyway, Rod Stewart, I’m not kidding, puts on the most entertaining show ever. THIS MAN KICKED SOCCERBALLS INTO THE CROWD FOR A FULL SONG. You won’t see that anywhere else.

You haven’t heard rock and roll until you’ve rocked with Rod.

I’m not even trying to be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train