Friday, October 9, 2009

When the Cat is Away, the Mouse will Play!

Devin is going mountain biking this weekend in Comfort, TX, so, while he is frolicking and spooning with all of his boyfriends who wear the same clothes all weekend, this little mouse is going to have a hay day.

As if you care, here is my list of ideal, in no particular order:

1. Sleep

2. Drink wine (Thank you Mr. Coppola)

3. Finish reading Nineteen Minutes (Fantastic)

4. Start a new book…maybe this or this or this or none of those

5. Try out my new rain boots in the stormy weather this weekend (I think they’re too big :( )

6. Go to the Bayou City Art Festival (it was raining- I wasn’t in the mood)

7. Go shopping, duh. (If by shopping you mean keeping Avery happy)

This is Avery Grace.

avery happy She goes from this…

avery mad

to this…

so serious

to this in about 1.2 seconds.

8. Try the spin class at our new gym (kicked my butt- I loved it)

9. Drink coffee…lots and lots of coffee (see below- I love you Empire Cafe, for your little coffee treats)

coffee empire

10. Watch TV shows that are not man shows (Man shows include but are not limited to any show where someone is riding/driving/jumping off of a structure, eating something disgusting, hanging out with Johnny Knoxville, putting a blow up doll on a go-cart, wake-boarding in a banana costume, etc.) (I sorta did this but I realized I don’t really like TV at all…so man show or not, I’m not that interested. I did rent “Then She Found Me”- Helen Hunt, Bette Midler…spectacular acting, dull storyline).

11. Find a new pot for my orchid

12. Play with the camera (Pictures coming soon)

13. Hit up the clubs wit my girls yall know it’s gonna be off the heezy.*

14. Wash my car, especially the wheels

15. Go to Sunday School and take extremely detailed notes on how Devin can be nicer to me. Jokes.

16. Breakfast/brunch/lunch with Lu and Nanny (and my dad)

nan and lu Nanny and Lu…photography by my father.

17. Cook/bake/etc (Chicken Jambalaya, um, yum)

18. Reconstruct the blog since I managed to mutilate it today

The possibilities are endless.

And now that you have wasted 1.25 minutes of your life reading this, you can give me more suggestions for what I can/should do this weekend while the cat’s away.

Have a good weekend!

*Disregard #13, I was just trying to be in college again.

3 comments:

  1. Ok...you crack me up!!! I joke with my husband about his friends the same way you do - I always ask if he's going to be the big spoon or the little spoon. He just rolls his eyes and keeps going. Ha!

    Great list...I'm especially fond of number 10! I'm also plagued with "man shows" more than I'd like - especially the Johnny Knoxville kind.

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are too adorable. Your blog cracks me up! Cute!

    Monica Wood

    monicawood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery, the coffee, your mom and your grandma are the cutest things in the entire world. There was almost more cuteness in this post than I could handle!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train