Monday, October 12, 2009

Nineteen Minutes: A review

As stated in my previous post, this weekend I aspired to finish Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (Shout out to future Top Gun Lauren Hugel for letting me borrow it). Ok, number one, I really like Ms. Picoult- I like her style, I like the way she researches every detail when she writes a book causing me to (gasp) learn something from her writing, and I like how she uses some of the same character names in her books. Perhaps she knows a little girl named Kate whom she promised she would include in every single novel, and now she groans as she sticks to her promise? Maybe not.

nineteen-minutes

Jodi, because I know you’re reading this (uh), I totally called the end of this book. But, I will not spoil it for the others. Nineteen Minutes tells the story of a school shooting. It is eerie and scary and so on. Remember, I am not exactly great at reviewing a book. But seriously, Jodi, slow down on the language there a bit. In the rest of her books that I’ve read, language really isn’t an issue- maybe a few in 400 pages, but this one was a little excessive for me. Good book. Check it out. And now, I’m not to figure out what to read next- I am thinking Pillars of the Earth.

3 comments:

  1. Haven't read this one yet, but I have read Pillars of the Earth which is excellent! Nice and long, so it will keep you busy for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Pillars of the Earth in high school -- my boyfriend's dad recommended it and we BOTH read it. It is long but really, really awesome -- at least in my recollection these 20 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, glad you liked it. Feel free to keep it or pass it on to someone else, I don't want it back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train