Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sweet Intentions or Hot Garbage and Old Meat…it’s all in how you look at things

I think I have mentioned, a couple of times, how in love I am with this guy:

This is one of my favorite pictures of him racing and has nothing to do with this post.

Except he is handsome and I am crazy about him.


On Sunday, we celebrated (ish) 6 months of marriage. Yay!

woo I look hard core.

blue

There…a little less rock and roll.

But seriously, I feel like divorce is more and more common for people our age to turn to because it turns out they weren’t really that into that person. It’s too easy for people, I think. But, we made it 6 months, and he only slept on the couch 10 times.

Kidding.

My sweet husband got up early and left me a note that said he would be right back. The only problem was, I had just dreamt that he left me. When I woke up, he was gone, and it scared the living crap out of me. Then, I found the note.

Without going into too much detail, Devin’s plan to bring me things that I love and spend the morning hanging out with me didn’t go as planned, and he really thought he had ruined the day. It turns out, the day was superb, and the problem will be solved.

As Bunky says, we can fix it with money.

So, now that you have no idea what I am talking about, let me just try this…we have a choice, you guys, about how we handle things. A nurse I used to work with used to say, “Choose Joy” every time I walked out of a mad patient’s room. It’s not easy to be in a situation with such raw anger and emotion and keep smiling. It’s not easy to go on your honeymoon for 8 days, not have any luggage for the entire trip, and still have a blast. I may or may not have experienced this.

When things don’t go our way, we can choose to sit and pout and mope about how much life sucks in that moment. We have the choice to waste the entire day/week/month/year dwelling on everything that could have gone better and affect everyone else we come in contact with that day with our bad attitude; or, we can choose to recognize that it cannot be changed, figure out if we can fix any of it, and move on. You have a choice.

I sound like Jillian Michaels.

jillian

YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GET OFF THE TREADMILL AND BE LAZY AND FAT OR YOU CAN CHOOSE DO TO THE WORKOUT!!!!

So intense.

So rude.

I love her and would pay for her to train and yell at me.

Anyway, God did not give us eyes in the back of our heads, because he didn’t want us to focus on things behind us.

The next time your life doesn’t seem to go as you have planned it (what’s wrong with that sentence?), don’t waste what could be your last moments thinking about why that situation is so awful. Seize the moment, friends!

Sunday was a tough day…but it was still fantastic…and I am beside myself happy to be married to someone who would roll out of bed for me when he could have slept in.

Dev, I was reading one of my favorite blogs (she is the cutest preschool teacher ever)…check out her box method.

I love you madly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train