Thursday, November 5, 2009

Checkmark!

Last month I made a list of 27 things I want to do before I turn 27 in 14 months. Today I get to cross one off!

Last night, Allie and I went to

me and ali funny face 2

Pinot and Picasso!!

P&P is a learn to paint fabulous paintings while drinking the wine you brought and eating the food you brought kind of place.

room view 2

We met up with Allie’s neighbor, Corrie, and her friend Lisa.

Some seriously fun girls.

friends 2

At first, it felt a little like pre-school with the smocks and the cubbies and the nap (weird) but we found our names and got our supplies ready to go.

cubby 2

supplies Canvas, paint, crackers, cheese, wine…we were set.

To celebrate the occasion, Allie bought us these super cute wine glasses. I love my hot mariachi man glass!

wine glasses 2

After Corrie got done eating the other peoples’ food, and Allie warmed up with some dance moves…

alie dance pose 2

we got started, with a toast naturally.

me and ali cute

sketch 2 The sketch. Obviously I am a natural. By natural I mean obviously this is like paint by numbers for me and I really concentrated to follow instructions which is far from normal for me.

So yes, a natural.

Allie painting

amy teaching

Our teacher, Amy

Which reminds me! Mrs. Chapman, I think you would be fantastic doing this in RI!! I’ll start working on the business plan.

As always, Devin was inspiring me, even though he wasn’t there.

dev patch

devin patch 2

And pretty much after we painted our faces, things got crazy.

serious painters 2

Friggin serious painting.

me silly 2

This is right about the time Devin rolls his eyes, shakes his head, perhaps he slaps himself on the forehead, and emails me something to the effect of “You are my wife”.

moustache

2 red heads always equal trouble. and hilarity. and so much fun. What the heck is up with my hair?

super cute 2

our work 2

The finished product! Van Gogh would be so proud! Actually, I think he may be offended that neither of us liked the original colors he chose. Sorry you had bad taste, Vincent.

And then, as if my night couldn’t get any better, I found this on the street during our walk home. Luckily I know how to operate such a sophisticated machine with one hand because Corrie could have been seriously injured. You owe me, CORRIE!

scooter 2

my picture 2

When I showed this to Devin, he got so ridiculously excited and begged me to hang it in his office.

Fine, Dev, you can have it!

Pinot and Picasso. Check.

3 comments:

  1. You are Awesome! I'm glad we're friends. Even though you're a better painter than me... ;-) What can we cross off the list next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I case you were wondering... it happend exactly at the time (place in the blog post) that she thought it would...

    "This is right about the time Devin rolls his eyes, shakes his head...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just stopping by from Kim's site - looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train