Monday, November 16, 2009

Dare to Be Thankful

For the Dare to DIY week 1, I decided to make something that I knew we would use and that reflected one of my favorite hobbies.

Wine.

So, I made some fallly Thanksgivingy wine tags.

Because my family likes some wine on Thanksgiving.

And because I don’t want anyone drinking my wine.

2 tags

These were super easy, and I think they turned out pretty good. I just got some clearance leaves from a local craft store- I think I paid $1 for all of them, and I bought some hoop earrings in the jewelry making section. If you need some, my package came with 60. I do not need 60 of these.

supplies.JPG

beadsEnough beads to last me long enough to pass them down to my grandchildren? Check.

Prepare for borderline bad pictures…

beads on hoop leaf with bead

Pick a bead that has a bigger hole- the leaf and the ring have to go through that one. pliars with leaf beads then leaf on hoop

beads leaf beads bent Make sure to bend the end so they don’t come apart.

I might find a different way to put the names/initials on them- I don't know if I am a fan of the gold paint. Maybe a stamp? Maybe just different color leaves for each person.

wine fall all tags I like them.

tag on glass color spot

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a cute way to make sure your wine stays yours and doesn't get snagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gold letters.

    I've seen these before, but never with so much pizazz. And, they look doable, even for someone with no patience like me (I try to stay away from beads for this reason). Very clever DIY, girl!

    Thanks for joining up! Can't wait to see what you come up with next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you!
    I should note, Kim, that each one took me MAYBE 5 minutes. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them too! Very creative, never thought to make my own wine charms. And I think I love you - I'm thankful for wine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented from the wrong google account. I hate when that happens. Comment above from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really fabulous!! I like the look and practicality of wine charms but have never made any. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say a little prayer every day thanking God for wine and my husband, in that order. These are totally cute and usable, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea - and I'm always worried someone is going to snag my wine. That's why I keep it with my 24/7 during parties and another reason to drink quickly!

    These are great - and would make great gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! And thank goodness for wine at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this project so much that I included it in my blog post today. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train