Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dang you were fine, 2009, Part 1

Thinking through the rough patches and the endless blessings…this is my 2009.  I don’t think many of you care about this…maybe it’s more for my memory than anything.  Hopefully it doesn’t sound like a cheesy Christmas letter.  And if it does, I will be sure to include Chris and Abby.

new year collage

January

I rang in the new year asleep on the couch, I do not lie, followed by a trip to Dallas for a beautiful wedding and another up and back trip to Sherman, Texas just a few weeks later to say goodbye to my sweet friend’s brother.  I can’t believe that was a year ago.  I didn’t want to be anywhere else that day, RDB.  No where.  That was such a sweet time for us as friends.  Maybe it still is.

DC got me a cookbook stand for my birthday that is my favorite gift ever.  2 days later, I sent him CRAVE cupcakes to work to share on his birthday, and that’s how he knew he was marrying the right girl.

February

I could not have stuffed more things to do into a month.  Wedding planning, apartment hunting, going to the rodeo, Valentine’s day, working full time, final planning meetings, premarital counseling, and my amazing bridal shower.  All of my closest friends from college came for it.  It was excellent.  And probably the last time I will ever get them all together.  I love these women- all of them are doing something really really great.  This group could change the world, I think.

shower

March

In March, somewhere between moving things into our new apartment and last minute wedding planning, Devin took me out to the fanciest dinner I think I have ever been to.  So awesome; I still remember how everything tasted.  I would not be mad if he took me back.  March was also my bachelorette party. 

bachelorette

bachelorette

Yeah.

April

Not much went on in April…just your normal month.  Minus the fact that I married the most phenomenal man on this planet on the most perfect day that God has ever created in the best city in Texas.  Nothing went wrong at my wedding.  Nothing.  It was perfect.  Do you get it?  It was a PERFECT day in Austin, Texas on April 4th.

wedding day

And it was the best party I’ve ever been to.  And I got the most creative, smartest, one of a kind (or 2 of the same kind) photographer in the country.  Ricky did it perfectly.

line

boys

dance

and EVERYONE came…from California to New York.  Everyone was there.  So cool.

arm up

The most amazing wedding was followed by a beautiful drive back to Houston with tons of bluebonnets on the highway and our honeymoon: an 8 day cruise.  Before said cruise, the airline managed to lose my luggage and I went without everything I had bought for my honeymoon.  8 days without luggage except for a bag of shoes and a cocktail dress.  Try to fathom it.  Then, fathom getting a rash from using whatever stupid cheap shampoo and other toiletries a cruise ship sells.  And still, it was some of the best days of my life being away with my new husband.  He rocks my world.

Also in April, I started this blog, which seems to be going okay.

Oh yeah, I managed to slice my finger completely open with a bread knife resulting in hours in the ER.  I think DC rethought our marriage for a second.  I couldn’t even cut bread.  Gah.

May

In May, we milked living so close to Minute Maid Park and went to some Astros games.  We spent a lot of time in the suburbs getting our wedding gifts from our parents’ houses.  DC raced his first race since we had been married, the Houston Criterium.  DC’s parents bought a lake house and made all of our dreams come true :)  But seriously…we love to spend time up there.  It is such a peaceful getaway.  So beautiful.

wake I’m gonna learn to do this this summer if I have to drown doing it.

One more thing in May…DC and I managed to both get rear-ended in our cars…on the same weekend.  So, um, that was a bit difficult.  Especially because I was in both cars.

June

I think June was pretty low key.  Lots of lake time in Livingston.  My sweet friend, Lisa, was soon to be married, so I went to the Riverwalk in San Antonio to celebrate at her bachelorette party with some of my best friends and lots of new friends.  This is why I love Texas.  The cities are so different; so diverse.  I had so much fun.  Seriously, so much fun.

lisa Why in the world I am wearing jeans is beyond me.  In June in San Antonio, it has to be 100 degrees and 90% humidity.  I know I had to be sweating.  Someone talk me out of that next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, where's the rest of the year? Oh, maybe that's part II, coming in a later installation. I just wanted you to know, I'm paying attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train