Monday, December 28, 2009

Deep Breath, New Song, Fresh

flowers

The thing about Christmas is, while it is my favorite holiday, when it is over, I am OVER. IT.  DC and I spent some time this weekend taking some of the decorations down, getting the apartment cleaned up…we’re ready to move on.

My favorite time of year, though, is January.  I love the new beginnings, the fresh start, the motivation to be different in the next year than I was in the last.

This morning I was just thinking about the changes I want to make, the things I want to do, the way I want to be this year.  Break the monotony.  Although my life this year has been anything and everything but monotonous.  Marrying DC has flipped my world upside-down and I love it.  I love thinking I can do something and having him there to tell me I’m right about that.  LOVE. IT.

I hate to call these resolutions because the first thing I think when someone says resolution is "sure to fail”.  Do people ever keep them?  Like, 2 years ago, I told Rhonda that my resolution was to wear more bracelets, and I don’t think I’ve worn but maybe 5 in the last 2 years.  FAIL.

I am getting my list together…my list of changes and goals and anything but resolutions.  Some of them come from my list in October.  Some don’t.  I think I need to edit that list too.  I’m excited.

What’s on your list?

I love to hear from you…your emails, your comments, your messages on facebook.  Love them.

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year. I loved looking through your year in photos, too.

    I'm trying to decide what I wanna do about a list for 2010. I tend to do better with monthly goals, so I'm leaning towards doing something like a 2010 focus (or focuses). I feel like this could help mold my goals for the month and keep me on track. I don't know though, I looked at my list for last year (on my sidebar of the blog) and I realized that things change. Some things were stuck to, others were totally thrown out the window. Oh well.

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train